Birtle Parish School was originally constructed in 1873 and was in use as a local school up until the the mid 1950s. Since that time the building has slowly deteriorated until it became derelict during the 1990s.
The school has now been transformed to create 4 very individual homes with the highest specification and attention to detail. The developers have worked hard with the local conservation department to retain as much of the original building as possible, nothing has been compromised, top grade fittings and the high standard of workmanship is evident throughout. All the properties will benefit from the latest specification kitchens, bathrooms, heating systems, HDM1 wiring, etc etc.
The site is bounded by a dressed stone wall and each property will have automated entrance gates and private gardens. All 4 properties are named with the history and heritage of the building in mind, The Headmasters House, The Old School House, Church View and The Old School Hall.